Ali is a consultant editor, writer and researcher based in Nepal, with experience working in Canada, Malawi, Ghana, Korea and Kuwait. She specializes in editing for non-native English speakers, and can edit and write diverse genres including fiction, non-fiction, reports, newsletters, press releases, news articles, websites. Her background in education, combined with experience as a researcher in development education and as an editor and writer, have provided her with a unique skill set. She is able to synthesize information and work with the content and structure of a document (as well as the English and grammar) to draw out key messages for results orientated publications.
- A highly effective writer; able to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely.
- Experience with fiction, non-fiction, report, academic and technical writing.
- Excellent understanding of English grammar and language usage.
- Skilled at rewriting, synthesizing and editing information to achieve overall ideas.
- Background in English language, with experience teaching literature, English as a foreign language, and writing.
- Experience working with non-profit organizations, NGOs and INGOs. Conducted research, written reports and made presentations.
- Technologically capable and a fast learner. Computer experience includes: MS Word and Office, research software, social media (blogger, wordpress, twitter, facebook, vimeo, youtube, etc)
Previous Clients and/or projects:
Freelance editing and writing since 2014. Clients have included Mission East Nepal, ICIMOD, CARE Nepal, Japanese Embassy. Worked on research development projects with FAWE Ghana, GIZ Malawi, Save the Children Canada.